Monday, January 21, 2013

Tip organizing character doodles

Hi,
I spent about an hour organizing lots of my original doodle concepts into these two pictures.  I simply zoomed out of my original concept to make the picture smaller, took a screenshot, then pasted the image into a large psd file > 20 inches width/height. 

This was helpful to reduce the amount of single picture images I had, enable to see older developed shapes quickly.  I still have lots of original doodle concepts still to be organized and I think I will use this similar technique on 3D models I have made.  I think the silhouette techniques would be a nice way of studying/comparing new animals proportions for quick reference.





Hope this was helpful.
cheers,
Nate

Inspired by Tom Bancroft's Creating characters with personality