Friday, March 14, 2014

Tips For Sketching from Life

Hi,

I just wanted to share a couple of tips that have been helping me tremendously at sketching.

First i noticed i could get really nervous when drawing in crowds so it helped me alot to take deep breaths and try to relax.  I found it  aslo helpful after looking at page for sometime to take quick glances up and straight ahead to try to capture shapes. 

Another thing that was helpful was to put a sort of "frame" around static things want to sketch.  I found it really helpful to draw a sort of "frame" a box around where want to see.  This helped me be able to know what area i was actually drawing.  It helped me get some perspective.  I was even able to look away from the page and look back down and still have an idea of what i had initially wanted to include in the "frame".

Hope you enjoy these sketches i made today in the mall.


cheers!
-Nate