In today's rigging and topology session I spent one 15minute session bringing in a reference photo to begin inspiration for the sculpt. Then in the next 15minute and 1 hour sessions i began trying to tweak a beginning base sculpt I made to have some resemblance to the reference photo.
During this process I found it helpful for the Eye lid area, and Upper lip area to insert a sphere brush to existing head dynamesh. Then with the inserted sphere still masked used a clip brush to get straight edges I wanted for eye lid, then before dynameshing I used the subtool master mirror to make an opposite side copy. The result was an okay looking cartoony type eye lid. (I used similar technique with upper lip) Final note i found it helpful to keep detail of a more low poly base mesh after dynameshing by increasing the resolution (example 128 wasn't working too well so i increased to 512...)
Hope this is helpful.
Modeled in Zbrush by
Inspired by Michael Defeo (michaeldefeo dot com)